We are committed to providing support to our customers experiencing financial hardship.
What is financial hardship
You are in financial hardship if you want to pay your bills or invoices, but you don’t have the money available.
If you are an insured, third-party beneficiary or an individual we are seeking to recover money from and you are experiencing financial hardship please see the information below.
What you need to do
We encourage you to contact us if you are experiencing financial hardship and we’ll work out what options are available to support you.
Depending on the type of support you need, you might be required to complete a form and possibly provide the following documents:
This information will help us work out the best way to support you.
Assistance at Claim Time
Our support options could include:
- fast track an advanced payment on a claim
- reduce or remove any excess due from the claim payment
- reduce or remove overdue premiums from any payment
- fast track the claim decision process and possibly pay a portion of the claim in advance
- urgent financial need of benefits in all cases
- put the recovery of monies on hold
Access to external support and advice
1. National Debt Helpline, www.ndh.org.au or at 1800 007 007
2. The ASIC MoneySmart website
3. The Good Shepherd website for affordable financial programs to people who are financially excluded